Prepare Now for Summer
As summer begins in many areas, it may be a good idea to optimize the performance of your HVAC system. By optimizing the HVAC system, you will be able to save money while staying cool and comfortable all summer long. What are some things that you can do to maximize the performance of your cooling unit? Well, let’s go over some of these alternatives.
- Changing Air Filters: One of the first and simplest things you can do is change the air filters of the HVAC system. It is recommended that you change your filters once a month or once every three months, which will depend on your HVAC model. Replacing your air filters on a regular basis is important because they work by catching dust and debris. Without an air filter, dust can easily flow into the system causing a malfunction. However, an air filter that is too dirty can become clogged and block airflow within the ducts, which will cause the unit to work harder.
- Maintenance: As mentioned before, replacing your air filters is important. Dust and debris can clog the airflow and ultimately lead to a costly repair for your HVAC. Along these lines, your registers will also need proper cleaning to prevent a buildup of dust. You can clean your registers by taking a damp cloth and wiping all around the register.
- Coils and Drainage Lines: If you’ve had your HVAC for many years, you should also consider cleaning the coils. However, it is always best to hire a professional to do this type of job. When we go out to your home to clean the coils, we will also make sure to inspect the drainage lines coming from your unit. Making sure your lines stay free and clear will ensure optimal performance from your HVAC system.
- Repairs: HVAC repairs can come in many shapes and forms. We offer AC repair Las Vegas alternatives for your home or place of business. It is always important to catch any type of repair in its early stages. Waiting too long can cause irreversible damage to the HVAC unit and can come out more expensive to fix. The types of AC repairs we offer can include, coil replacement, compressor repairs, refrigerant leaks and more.
- Thermostats: The thermostat also plays an important role in your HVAC setup. We will be able to calibrate your thermostat for a better performance. If you find yourself with an analog thermostat, we strongly recommend upgrading to a digital alternative. A digital thermostat will come with an easier interface, reliable setup and accurate readings in your temps.
- Insulation: Although it may not seem like much, proper insulation in your home is essential to optimize the performance of your HVAC. In order to insulate your home properly, you will need to hire a professional to seal any air leaks along your ducts. Make sure that you also seal any cracks or openings found along your windows and doors. Tinting your windows can also help to keep the cool air in your home allowing the HVAC unit to work less to keep you cool.
A Reliable HVAC Company
Rest assured that by following these tips, you will be able to enjoy your summer without the worries about your HVAC system breaking down or failing to keep up with the hot weather. If you have any more questions or want to inquire about our HVAC services, make sure to browse our website at bulldogaclv.com. We will be more than happy to help.